Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Finished Shawls

Just thought I'd do a bit of an update with some silly finished shawl pictures. I'm hoping the friends that I made these for haven't discovered my blog yet...ha.

Here's my most recent finished product. I used a little less than one skein of Araucania Ulmo, which is a cotton yarn that I purchased at the Blacksheep Yarn Shop in Cockeysville, MD. The owners, Tracy & Joyce, are quite lovely ladies and their shop is equal in loveliness. They have a decent amount of finished garment examples, which I really like in a yarn shop. While checking out, I noticed this wrap, designed by CocoKnits. I favorited it on Ravelry as soon as I got home! The construction is really interesting. Tracy explained that she and Julie/"Coco" were college friends...maybe she said roommates? Anyhoo! I was a little nervous when I started weaving this because the weave was very holey... But it works! And what a cute dog, eh? Her name's Moxie.

Here's a black & white nostril shot:


And here is the first shawl that I wove, pictured in my previous blog post, modeled by the lovely Elianna. I especially love the babushka picture. After I took that one, my camera lost it's battery power.



Babushka!

And to switch gears a bit, I wanted to put in this link to a youtube video that was in my inbox this morning. It's from Knitting Daily and shows a pretty nifty technique for weaving in ends for fair-isle knitting WHILE you're knitting. So when you're done, you don't have to go back and take hours to weave in all of those ends! Brilliant! The video is also demonstrating how to knit a mitered scarf, which is kinda nifty, too.

And speaking of youtube videos, here is another one that I caught wind of through Purl Diva's blog. It is SO FREAKING COOL! There is a link from the youtube video to the making of the video. I think my favorite part is when the camera scans up the stairs. Pay close attention to what's happening on the wall. CRAZY!

Finally, I will close with some pictures of my new haircut! I cut off a little more than a foot! Feels good :)

Me and Turget. This is the first haircut I've had that was cut by someone other than my mother or my aunt.

Lots of hair.

There it goes!

Double the blow driers, double the fun!

Tah-dah!

No comments:

Post a Comment