Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tri-Loomerific!

I arrived home from my New England travels a couple of weeks ago, and after recovering from the flu, was super pumped about the triangular package that had arrived for me. A while back, I took a tri-loom weaving course at the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival from a woman named Pam Kelley. Pam owns and runs Sunflower Fibers and her husband Jim makes their tri-looms. After taking the class, I thought, "Hey! I think I want to buy one of these thangs." So I did! Hence the triangular package patiently awaiting my return.

This past weekend was absolutely gorgeous here in Maryland and I decided to spend it outside, weaving my first project on my new loom. The yarn I used was Classic Elite Firefly (75% viscose/25% linen), which I bought at The Yarn Spot in Silver Spring. (The Yarn Spot recently opened last November and it's a really lovely shop.) The yarn was a bit too thin used as is, so, at the suggestion of a fellow spinner and knitter, I plied the two skeins together. And voila! I'm quite pleased with the finished product, especially the fringe :)


Ready for its closeup.

"You can learn a lot of things from the flowers..."

Fringifying!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the demo on this tonight Casey! Love it! Am off to check out their website!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, I'm so glad you are reviewing all the New England yarn shops. The Atlanta Girls and I are headed back to NE in the fall and your postings help us decide which direction we want to go.

    I saw these triangle 'thangs' demo'd at SEFFA last year in Asheville. Post a photo of your completed project. Can't wait to see.

    ReplyDelete