Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On the Eve of Great Adventures

Tomorrow I shall set out on the road to yarn shops not yet explored! First stop? Connecticut! Whenever I drive through Connecticut on my way home, I have to call my friend Kristen and vent to her about how much I hate Connecticut and how I want to "punch it in the face." It's just that there's a lot of road between New York and Massachusetts and I have never simply cruised through it like I do through, say...New Jersey. (New Jersey is a mother to drive through, too, but you can go around 75mph and don't really hit much traffic.) It is pretty much an impossibility to fly through cities like Hartford, but! I think I will rather enjoy my travels through Connecticut this time around. I've got 10 CT shops to get to on my way north! Yeehaw!

Then on to some Massachusetts shops and a knittery meetup with the South End Knitters of Boston at "The Pru" on Thursday night. Friday I'll be continuing my travels toward home as I hit up a few shops in New Hampshire and finally...Portland, Maine! Ah Portland.

I've conveniently scheduled this work trip to coincide with an ultimate tourney this weekend in Orono, Maine. Sneaky sneaky :) So I'm looking forward to running around (indoors) after a plastic disc with some familiar faces and some much missed friends. It'll be good to be home. And to see family, too.

Then Monday, I'll be making my way back down south, of course stopping at shops along the way. I'm looking forward to being in NYC next Tuesday night and all day Wednesday! Will revisit some shops, eat some tasty food for sure, and hang out with Daniel Yuhas! Woohoo! And I must say, I am very fortunate to be staying with some lovely people along the way.

Now, to make my post complete, I will include this picture of the progress of my first ever sweater!
Woops! That's not it. Let's try this again...
Ah. There we go. I had intended this to be my Ravelympics project, but I didn't finish in time. I'm hoping to get it finished by the time I get back to Maryland next week. But that's probably wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment